Heading into the spring feels like a very good time to talk about menopause skincare - the dawn of a new phase of life, and one that has so much jo...Read more
The hormonal changes experienced during menopause cause some very specific changes in skin and body, but also some very general changes to your health, ranging from joint pain and muscle tension to an irregular heartbeat and decreased bone density.
In addition to the hormonal balancing touch therapies, there are lifestyle enhancements that can also help.
- Take up gentle resistance and weight bearing exercise to help improve bone density and overall fitness.
- Incorporate phytohormones (plant hormones) into your diet with foods like soy and oats as well as your skincare - we love evening primrose oil, soy and geranium oil.
- Don’t give up on sleep - even if you don’t actually sleep, make time for rest when you need it.
- Try supplements like calcium and vitamin D for joint health.
- Take up Pilates to help joints and overall fitness.
- Make time for mindfulness and relaxation techniques to help with an irregular heartbeat.
- Try to limit your alcohol and caffeine intake.
Our MPlus skincare collection has been specially formulated to help balance hormones and address the unwanted consequences of menopause. Using plant based ingredients containing naturally occurring plant oestrogens that support skin and overall well being, they are extremely gentle and are 100% natural, helping you to relax, get a better night’s sleep, nurturing skin and feel your best from the inside out.
A nurturing skincare routine is the foundation of skin health, helping us to look and feel our best. Over time, our skin needs evolve, and so too m...Read more