Menopause can last as long as 10 to 20 years from perimenopause to post-menopause. In this article we explore how long menopause lasts and how you ...Read more
Many women experience changes to their sex drive during menopause, as well as symptoms like vaginal dryness and discomfort during sex. However, there are things that can help and lots of people find that there’s a process of rediscovering their own bodies and sex.
In addition to the hormonal balancing touch therapies, there are lifestyle enhancements that can also help.
- Make time for things that make you feel good about yourself, whether it’s pampering, painting your nails, moisturising with beautiful creams, having a massage or buying new lingerie that you feel good in.
- Explore phytohormones (plant hormones) in your skincare - we love evening primrose oil, soy and geranium oil
- Speak to your GP about oestrogen creams and lubricants.
- Make sex fun again by organising date nights and talking to your partner about what you enjoy.
- Clear your head - for women, so much of sexual pleasure is in the brain. So, do things to clear your head and calm anxiety, such as yoga, meditation or having a bedtime (or morning!) routine that helps you to feel great.
Our MPlus skincare collection has been specially formulated to help balance hormones using the power of plants and naturally occurring plant oestrogens. As a result, they nourish the skin and support overall wellness. A great way to help you clear your mind and feel good about yourself so you can get back to enjoying your sex life is to create wellbeing routines that make you feel good about yourself. For example, aromatherapy diffusers in the house as well as a luxurious night time skin and body routine.